AIM
teimu7m

A duck walks into a bar.. A duck walks into a bar..

Some problems, but not trash

Sorry man, it just doesn't seem real. Yea, yea, its a joke. right. But who asks anyone the same question the same darn way 5 times after receiving the same answer? It's not realistic. And because I'm focusing on that, I'm distracted and not really laughing.

Perhaps other tellings of the joke change the question a bit to give the discussion more of a build, like "Are you sure you don't have any bread?" or "I'm really hungry, and I need some bread." I'm no writer, but I think you see what I'm saying. There might be a progression or line of questioning, rather than a loop.

Somewhat related, I felt like the duck lacked vocal emotion. More variety in how he asks his questions (like in tone, cadence, power, or any other descriptor of speech) would add some dimension. The other lines were quite alright and enthusiastic.

Your drawing was well done. Consistently styled and effectively colored.

You don't really deserve the criticism. You're filling big shoes up on the front page.

Evidence of Cruelty Evidence of Cruelty

Risque

Too bad about the nearsightedness that viewers will undoubtedly receive this film with. This offends and disgusts most people.

As for me, I loved how forward you were with the piece. You covered the depths of twistedness. Truly evidence of cruelty to the mind. Sex and violence psychedelically presented with confidence, flash and style.

Well done, sirs. You are keen observers of mentality.

Did You Hear That? Did You Hear That?

Wow!

I'm extremely impressed. Incredibly innovative!

It's a collage on the interpretation of sound!

Noodle responds:

I like your description :)
Thanks

Baby Baboon Baby Baboon

I liked it!

Very well designed. You have a very bold and clean style. Good control over graphical effects.

I loved the song! Reminiscent of Surfin' Bird, which I think you meant to do.

Awesome Cracks Down Awesome Cracks Down

Exquisite!

The way the creamy and slightly salty blue cheese jumps onto your palate with the smoky salmon and decadent caviar, finishing with the wheat of the cracker. Absolutely divine!

DMT:How to read music/tab DMT:How to read music/tab

Nice

Well done.

I saw this more as an information delivery foundation, rather than a music/tab tutorial. Honestly, you could put anything in there, and that's the beauty. You potentially have a very sleek, web2.0, way to tell people about anything.

BUG: running through sheet music, then tablature leaves you with a menu button to click on. clicking this takes you back to the menu, but another instance of the music starts again over the original. a bit distracting.

Your main menu was more much nicely animately than the rest of the slides. i'd like it if this was consistent.

You intermingle text and images that contain text. this seems inconsistent.

im no musician, but perhaps someone learned something? i mean, don't they make whole books on this stuff? i'd say you were a bit too concise, in which case explaining this topic might not be appropriate for a flash movie.

remember your audience too. this is a fine display of work, but are people getting any utility out of it? There's probably not too many people coming to NG looking for this. SURE, there are some, but imo, not enough to make it worth while. it seems like you got a webpage. put this on there.

Darkmaster603 responds:

Well, I agree that not many people come here looking for this in particular, 95% of my reviews are thanks for making this, because they either got a refresher in music or are getting into music and it's helping them. This was mainly for my site, but I thought it would be a good idea to upload here too.

I also agree that the tutorial could have had more animation done to it, but I kinda rushed through this. The next one I will get into more details graphically.

For the music problem, I've added that stop music button

I think your right about a lot of things, but the point was to make a interesting and unique tutorial on how to read music/tab. That was my goal, and from the reviews I'm reading, I think I accomplished it.

Thanks for the review, and criticism!

The Ignored Monster The Ignored Monster

Wonderful

I laughed and cried (well, really close to it. crying is hard)!

Made me also think about the how the people i don't really like and how they need love too.

Saturday Morning Watchmen Saturday Morning Watchmen

Nice!

Saw the movie last weekend. Awestruck, I got a hold of the actual comic this week and am loving it.

Due to this recent obsession, I naturally had to watch this too.

Really great job! Felt like I was watching the opener to a real children's show! The voice there brought the enthusiasm, and therefore, hilarity, that you'd expect to see from shows of that time.

Nice to see some relief brought to the serious "humanity" of the novel, too.

As of chapter VII, I understood most of what was going on here, save for the brain/vag/octopus thing and Dr. Manhattan being a car. Maybe those are references to other shows?

Don't Worry, Son Don't Worry, Son

MOAR

That would have made for a great cold open (look it up). Now, add on the rest of the movie where you explain how he lives on the legacy...

Blockhead: Episode 11 Blockhead: Episode 11

Wow!

Incredible voice acting and facial gestures!